Sunday, June 21, 2009

Daily Pump Trap: 6/21/09 edition

Since June 19, there have been 15 jobs posted on the ACS Careers database.

But what if I don't want to go to China?: Of the 15 job ads posted on June 21, 13 were located in Shanghai, China. Shanghai ChemPartners and Wuxi AppTec have posted multiple positions, including the mysterious "QB head", which requires a Ph.D. in the biological sciences who has lots of assay experience. Unknown as to whether the position also requires a square Peyton Manning-like jaw.

Here it comes!: I predict a deluge of applications for the 2 medchem jobs posted by Proteostasis Therapeutics, Inc. and Genentech. Both Ph.D. positions, 0-2 years of postdoc and 2-5 years industrial experience, respectively. Good luck out there.

Hmmm: Not much for the working non-Ph.D. chemist (i.e. the folks who do the real work) these days. Sigh.

Top Gun rules are not flexible, nor am I: Sorry -- whenever I think of the Navy, I can't help but quote that movie. The United States Naval Academy is looking for two post-docs to do molecular dynamics calculations on solid lubricants. I had no idea that USNA hired p-chem postdocs -- I think that's great. The opportunity to teach midshipmen would be a privilege as well, I would think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

looks like Blogger doesn't work with anonymous comments from Chrome browsers at the moment - works in Microsoft Edge, or from Chrome with a Blogger account - sorry! CJ 3/21/20