- Cover: "Fusion start-ups hope to revolutionize energy in the coming decades" (article by Katherine Bourzac)
- Fusion start-ups - man, can we talk about the peak of the easy money era yet?
- "China tariff plan slammed by chemical industry" (article by Jean-François Tremblay)
- Article about new European drug discovery CMOs (article by Sean Milmo)
- "“We changed the whole business and made 62 people redundant out of a total staff of 112 in the first month,” Shott recalls. “We have since hired 50 scientists and over the next three to four years plan to recruit another 200.”
- I wonder how those wages compared?
- Looks like earnings looked pretty good for both the chemical and pharma sectors (articles by Melody Bomgardner and Ryan Cross, respectively)
- Great profile of a candy color chemist, Dr. Rebecca Robbins (article by Linda Wang)
Wednesday, August 8, 2018
This week's C&EN
A few of the articles from this week's issue of Chemical and Engineering News: