Associate Scientist, Peptide Chemistry
Multiple Openings for MS, PhD, Postdocs
Protomer Technologies is an exciting biotechnology company based in Pasadena, California, which is engineering next-generation protein therapeutics. Protomer was founded by Caltech faculty and alumni, and has active collaborations with Caltech faculty....
As an Associate Scientist in Peptide Chemistry, you will lead efforts requiring design, execution, and management of chemical synthesis projects. Candidates with a doctoral degree in a related field are preferred, but all exceptional candidates will be considered at all levels. You must have the requisite experience to make technical insights in chemical library design, peptide synthesis, and chemical modification of peptides, and you will be encouraged to push the boundaries of these fields....
- Advanced degree in chemistry or chemical engineering (or equivalent practical experience.)
- 5 years of wet lab experience in chemistry, biochemistry, or chemical engineering or graduate level/post doc
- 2 years+ of experience with peptide synthesis or other related chemical synthesis experience or experience with small molecule synthesis, SAR, or medicinal chemistry
- PhD degree in chemistry, biochemistry, chemical engineering, or related field with strong publication record.
- 2 years+ of relevant research experience in bio-conjugation, protein modification or protein engineering.
- Experience with mass spectrometry sequencing is a plus.