We are seeking a highly motivated chemist to aid and collaborate with senior staff in the design and synthesis of small molecules for next-generation 3D printing resins. Successful candidates will be passionate about synthetic chemistry, excited to solve complex problems in a fast-paced environment, and comfortable in the multidisciplinary environment of materials research. This unique opportunity will immerse the candidate in the vast world of application-oriented organic synthesis in materials science.
- Develop, troubleshoot, and optimize synthetic routes, especially divergent and/or modular approaches for rapid generation of lead candidates
- Perform basic NMR, UV/Vis, IR, and mass spectrometric characterizations
- Additional responsibilities include management of supplier relationships, development/maintenance of purchasing procedures, and/or development of standard operating procedures for new instrumentation.
- Comply with EH&S requirements and promote safety in the work environment
- BS or MS degree in Chemistry with 0-3 years industrial synthetic chemistry experience
- Excellent command of the basics of physical and synthetic organic chemistry
- Experience performing organic synthesis in a research environment, and a talent for experimental design