- DNA extraction made easy!
- Are you bitter? A genetic taste test.
- Magic breath! Acid-base chemistry of the body.
- CSI: GGC! Finding latent prints using ninhydrin.
- Coffee ground fossils!
- Neuron know-how! Build your own & learn how they work.
- Slime-to-go! Make your own bag of goo.
- Making craters! Please bring your own sound effects.
- Dancing raisins! No choreography skills required.
- Nature notebooks! A mix of art & nature.
We're soliciting donations for our efforts. Your contributions would be spent on:
- Zone supplies (activity ingredients, tarps, cleaning supplies, etc.)
- Zone advertising (banners, flyers, posters, etc.) - being in a high traffic area helps, but we'll still need to advertise around the con!
- Two-day GGC badges for zone workers
- Two hotel rooms for zone workers within a short walking distance of the con
- Airfare assistance to zone workers needed financial help
@Chemjobber is known for his ceramic duck, which is his Twitter avatar. If $300 is raised, he will change his duck's hat (and outfit?) by popular demand, no matter how silly. If we reach $750, he will answer with "Quack!" at GGC whenever someone says, "Hey, CJ!"I have already obtained supplies to change my Twitter avatar picture, and I'm looking forward to quacking a lot at GeekGirlCon.
Here's what I am offering to you, Chemjobber reader. If you donate and tell me, I will offer you a handwritten thank you note and, for any donation of $20 or larger, a post of your choosing.
I do not love soliciting funds, but teaching science and the scientific method to kids is worthy in my opinion. Thanks for listening.