The Synthetic Separations Group at Amgen in Thousand Oaks, CA is seeking a talented separations scientist to manage staff and the day-to-day analytical/purification support for the analysis and purification of small and hybrid (mRNA, LNP, siRNA, oligonucleotides) molecules to support pharmaceutical discovery efforts. Responsibilities of the position include:
- Support drug discovery teams by developing chromatographic methods and processes for the analysis and purification of small and hybrid (mRNA, LNP, siRNA, oligonucleotides) molecules.
- Develop custom separation, detection, and quantitation methods to solve analytical problems encountered in various areas of small, hybrid, and large molecule discovery.
- Utilize a diverse set of instruments and technologies, such as (but not limited to) HPLC, SFC-MS, HPLC-MS, CE, mass-directed purification, and preparative SFC.
- Actively participate in research efforts directed at improving process efficiencies, expanding the range of assays and applications, and improving technologies and infrastructure, from conceptualizing to experimental design through implementation.
- Supervise junior-level staff, participate in national and international scientific meetings, and provide scientific reports that support the generation of publications, patents, or regulatory submissions.
- PhD degree with 3 years of scientific experience OR
- Master’s degree and 6 years of relevant experience OR
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of proven experience
- 10 years of chromatographic experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Record of publication in high-impact journals and oral presentations at scientific conferences.
- Experience managing and/or mentoring junior scientists.
- Demonstrated expertise in multiple chromatographic techniques across multiple modalities.