Wednesday, May 24, 2023

A bit of praise for Timbuk2

Many years ago, I bought a Timbuk2 messenger bag after asking the readership what their favorite laptop bag was. 

It's been to China and Europe, and suffered a fair bit of abuse and daily use. I've sent it back for repairs twice, and not been charged anything for these repairs. If there's a Timbuk2 store in your area, you can drop the bag off to be shipped for repair, and that worked out all right as well. All in all, I've been quite pleased with them. Strong recommend. 

3 comments:

  1. I have the same experience. I had multiple messenger bags from them that stood up to quite a bit of abuse in middle thru high school, plus backpacks that have done well with waterproofedness and durability.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CJ, thanks for supporting New Egg; been shopping with them for a solid 10-15 years and I distinctly avoid anything from Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had a Timbuk2 laptop backpack for several years, and it has also held up very well. I bought it from MEC (which is like REI in the US).

    Interesting to see the Newegg recommendation. They have a bad reputation in Canada for not accepting returns, selling refurb equipment as new, etc.

    ReplyDelete

looks like Blogger doesn't work with anonymous comments from Chrome browsers at the moment - works in Microsoft Edge, or from Chrome with a Blogger account - sorry! CJ 3/21/20