Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Ivory Filter Flask: 7/30/13 edition

Good morning! Between July 23 and July 29, there were 13 new academically related positions posted in C&EN Jobs. The numbers:

Postdocs: 1
Tenure-track: 8
Temporary faculty: 1
Lecturers: 0
Staff: 3
US/non-US: 13/0

And the 2014 season is upon us!: Lots of assistant professor gigs being advertised for Fall 2014 now. It's still July, but it might as well be September, seems like.

San Luis Obispo, CA: Cal Poly SLO advertising for an assistant professor of organic chemistry position. Also, tenure-track positions in biochemistry.

Wellesley, MA: Wellesley College, looking for an assistant professor of inorganic chemistry.

Towson, MD: Towson University, looking for an assistant professor of organic chemistry.

Chicago, IL: The University of Chicago, broadly looking for an assistant prof.

And to round out the 2014 stuff: University of Florida, looking for an organic chemistry prof. Also, Middlebury College.

Today in random postdocs: Here's one studying nanotechnological pesticides in Corvallis, Oregon. Here's one in Carlsbad, New Mexico, studying volatile organic compounds. (31k-39k - wooo!)

4 comments:

  1. University of Floria, chemistry department is pathetic. They interviewed 7 candidates last year and did not take anybody.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They picked up an associate professor rather than hire a fresh one last year.

      Delete
    2. I thought that University of Florida looked familiar. I applied last year when I hardly had any papers from the postdoc. By the time I had the glamour magz pubz out, the hiring season was over and I got a rejection. I don't know if it's legit to apply again to the same place, maybe I can get another paper to pad the CV so they know I've got the skillz? Nah, I won't bother. I don't really want to live in North Florida anyways and I have a feeling its automatic rejection if you try again.

      Delete
  2. They made someone an offer, though.

    ReplyDelete

looks like Blogger doesn't work with anonymous comments from Chrome browsers at the moment - works in Microsoft Edge, or from Chrome with a Blogger account - sorry! CJ 3/21/20