Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Daily Pump Trap: 3/15/16 edition

A few of the positions posted on the C&EN Jobs website: 

Seattle, WA: Once again, Seattle Genetics is searching for a senior process chemist. I really gotta ask myself - are they growing, or do they just have turnover? I suspect it is growth, but I am not sure.

South San Francisco: If I were a new Ph.D. wanting to do medicinal chemistry, I might consider this Johnson and Johnson-related postdoc. However, I'd sure want to know what happens at the end of two years. 

Branchburg, NJ: Fascinating Lilly manufacturing support position; bet it's a lot of fun. 

It has to be good: Smucker's hiring a R&D analytical chemist.

Interesting: Dr. Bronner's (the fancy? earthy? soap company) is looking for a R&D manager.  

Petaluma, CA: Valeant wishes to hire a senior analytical scientist for pharma-related research; 104,000.00 - 176,500.00 offered.  

Columbus, OH: Chemical Abstracts Services sure are hiring a lot of computer-related folks (5 positions); I wonder if they are hiring Ph.D. chemists these days? 

Teterboro, NJ: Never heard of this sort of thing before, but of course, you know it exists: 
Diana Food, A Division of  Symrise, a leading supplier of ingredients to major food processors and manufactures worldwide, has an immediate opportunity for a highly motivated scientist to lead the development and application testing of food color products located at Teterboro in the New Jersey area.  
These are probably the folks to blame for blue M&Ms (this is a hoary joke.)

Mountain View, CA: Chinese state-owned enterprise looking for 15 openings that are ~biofuels-related (?)

San Diego Career Fair Watch: 87 positions posted. 

3 comments:

  1. Under one of the CAS jobs as a prerequisite...

    "•Prefer Spock over Hans Solo, because you’re not sure why anyone would ever fly around with a big hairy creature, when beaming is so much faster and efficient "

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr. Bronner's advocate a lot of pseudoscience/anti-intellectualism in the world. I will cross my fingers that a chemist hire might change things in their shop, but I doubt it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my first laboratory position, I worked for a contract soap manufacturer that made Dr. Bronner's soaps. I will never forget reading the label and noticing the instructions listed that described how to use the product for birth control. Although I think that "use" was removed from the label years later, it makes me think that working there would never be dull.

    ReplyDelete

looks like Blogger doesn't work with anonymous comments from Chrome browsers at the moment - works in Microsoft Edge, or from Chrome with a Blogger account - sorry! CJ 3/21/20