Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Is your child texting about organic chemistry?

Via Twitter user @laurbrown, this very funny tweet:
Is your child texting about organic chemistry? Quick guide: 
SMDH: Scrubbing my distillation head
GTG: Grease that glass
STFU: Shifted the frequency upfield
BAE: Breaking an emulsion
OMG: Oxidized my Grignard
ROTFLMAO: ragging on these freshmen learning molecular/atomic orbitals
I don't know what makes me laugh more, "scrubbing my distillation head" or "grease that glass." (Context here.)

I have been trying to come up with a process chemistry one, but work has been busy... 

2 comments:

  1. Is the person they're texting named Stormy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. FFS: favorite flask smashed :(

    ReplyDelete

looks like Blogger doesn't work with anonymous comments from Chrome browsers at the moment - works in Microsoft Edge, or from Chrome with a Blogger account - sorry! CJ 3/21/20