ProteoVant Therapeutics is a newly launched development-stage biotech company focusing on discovery and development of disease-modifying therapies by harnessing natural protein homeostasis processes. We have recently acquired numerous novel protein degrader programs to a range of targets in discovery and preclinical development via the purchase of Oncopia Therapeutics, Inc., a protein degradation company initially focused on oncology indications. Our lead program(s) in oncology may enter the clinic as early as late 2021.
- Drive medicinal chemistry efforts on multiple projects in oncology and other disease areas from hit ID through candidate selection
- Co-lead each drug discovery project team with a biology colleague, driving scientific strategy & decision-making, target design & synthesis, lead optimization, and budgetary proposals
- Develop creative solutions to challenging program issues. Contribute as a senior medicinal chemist to scientific problem solving for programs across the organization
- Supervise chemists at overseas CROs to expeditiously deliver high quality compounds for biological evaluation
- Supervise internal medicinal chemists
- Ph.D. in organic chemistry or related field with 8-12+ years of experience as a medicinal chemist at a pharmaceutical or biotech company