- "So, when are you going up for tenure?"
- "Nice Civic." (by Ash)
- "So how is teaching?" (by Shane Caldwell)
- "It must be nice getting the entire summer off. What do you do with all that free time?" (by Andre)
- "When's your next grant application due?"
- "That whole publish-or-perish thing is just a myth, yeah?"
- "You only teach one class each semester? What do you do with rest of your time?" (by Andre)
- "Student evaluations don't mean much, do they?"
- "But the school pays for your kid to go to college, right?"
- "How's that tenure package coming?"
- "So what happens if you don't get tenure?" (by gingerest)
- "So...my tax dollars pay your salary? Makes me your boss I guess hahahahahaha" (by John)
- "Wait, you get paid how much?" (by John)
- "So what do you do during summer break?"
- "So what happens when you don't get tenure?" (by Andre)
Wednesday, July 26, 2017
15 things never to say to an assistant professor
Thanks to Twitter, a small list: