Wednesday, October 25, 2017

BLS projects 6% job growth for chemists for 2016-26; all job growth remains at 7%.

Date from the Bureau of Labor Statistics
I'm traveling at the moment, so I haven't had a chance to fully absorb these new numbers, but it looks like that BLS is revising its estimate of chemist job growth up from 3% in the 2014-24 decade to 6% in the 2016-26 decade. I think that's good news, but not really particularly exciting (~260 new jobs a year for a decade.) I guess that's better than a kick in the shins, but not much.

I think the worse news is that BLS doesn't really see any major job growth (in the double-digit range, say) during the next decade. 2 years later, and their best guess at job growth for the decade is 7%.

No comments:

Post a Comment

looks like Blogger doesn't work with anonymous comments from Chrome browsers at the moment - works in Microsoft Edge, or from Chrome with a Blogger account - sorry! CJ 3/21/20