UES has an opportunity available for a Research Scientist to join our team working with the 711th Human Performance Wing at Wright Patterson Air Force Base. This position will support research in the area of sensor development related to the selection of recognition elements (peptides and nucleic acids) using high throughput instrumentation and their integration in different sensor platforms. Experience in the synthesis and characterization of nanomaterials and their use in assay development is required, as well as experience with handling biomaterials (DNA, RNA, etc.). Knowledge of techniques to select DNA and peptides recognition elements is beneficial, but not essential. Some of the primary functions for this role will include:
- Conducting lab experiments related to selection of recognition elements
- Characterization of binding affinity and integration of binders and sensors
- Supporting collaborations with external partners
- Presentations of results at meetings and conferences
- Ph.D. in chemistry, biochemistry, nanotechnology or a related discipline is required
- Proficiency with general chemistry and biochemistry laboratory techniques is required
- Experience with nucleic acid and peptides binding, synthesis, and characterization of nanomaterials is required...