Position Title: Supervisor, Formulation and Characterization Group
Location: Madison, WI
***Please note that relocation assistance is available for the right candidate***
The responsibility of the Formulation & Characterization Group Lead would be inclusive of the following tasks:
- Manage Madison Formulation & Characterization Group (4 direct reports)
- As a member of the Analytical Development Leadership Team, collaborate with clients to deliver world class formulation and characterization studies.
- Develop and train junior formulation and characterization scientists.
- Enhance value of formulation, stability, and characterization studies performed in Madison to clients through high-value add activities
Education or Equivalent:
- Ph.D. in Chemistry or related field with at least 5 years of industry experience
- MS in Chemistry, or related field with at least 7 years of industry laboratory experience
- B.S/B.A. in Chemistry, or related field with at least 7-10 years experience in a laboratory environment
- Thorough understanding of the origins of protein stability, degradation, and folding and the various factors that can affect proteins during the pharmaceutical development process.
- Expertise in the wide range of analytical techniques applied to formulation and stability studies; Mass Spectrometry expertise desired.
- Experience in formulation development for proteins, not limited to antibodies, highly preferred
- Experience in both drug substance and drug product development.
- Experience in the statistical analysis and interpretation of formulation and stability data to drive decisions. Proficiency in JMP and/or R preferred.
- Excellent technical writing skills, and experience with authoring protocols, reports, and procedures for regulatory submissions
- Experience mentoring and training junior staff