Copying last year's Chemistry Job Scramble, Andrew Spaeth and I will be putting together a job market scramble to open on the week of March 7 for registration of employers and job seekers. This is an attempt to create a "thick" market for both job candidates and potential employers, especially those who did not get a faculty position this year. The basic contours:
- Registration will open for one week, starting March 7, 2022. It will close on 11:59 PM Eastern, March 12, 2022. We will register both potential employers and job candidates.
- Potential employers will be required to post a position with an intent to hire before September 30, 2022.
- Job seekers will have to attest that they have not accepted a position with another employer.
- On March 14, job seekers will be offered access to the list of potential positions. They will not be offered access to the list of job seekers.
- On March 14, potential employers will be offered the list of job seekers. They will not be offered access to the list of potential employers.
- There will be no matching by Andrew or I - simply the provision of potential openings or candidates.
- Access to the list will be revoked after 2 weeks.
- This year, there will be an opportunity for a "signal" for job seekers; job seekers will be allowed one opportunity to send a short message (140 characters) to a single employer.
Questions? Ask them in the comments, or email us at email@example.com.
Will this be across all fields or only organic?ReplyDelete