|"Keep stirring, my friends."|
Photo credit: Wikipedia
- At seminars he attends, the speakers ask him questions.
- The Office of Research Integrity borrowed his glare.
- He once grew a protein crystal the size of a fist.
- If he were to reject your paper, you would thank him.
- A drop of his tears can increase yields by 60%.
- If he shook your hand at a conference, you would put it on your CV.
- His personality is so magnetic, he's quenched 4 NMRs.
- On plagiarism: "No."
- Graduate students look forward to his oral exams.
- If he were to write you a procedure, you'd suddenly find yourself with 5 JACS papers... and an industry job.
- He's been known to tell jokes in Mandarin, and have Indian postdocs laugh at them.
- He can activate C-H bonds with a flick of his wrist.
- He once punched E.J. Corey. That's right, you heard me.
- His smile is so vibrant, nearby IRs need to be recalibrated.
- He taught a horse to review papers for him.
- His beard has been known to separate enantiomers.
"I do not do catalysis often, but when I do... I use Strem catalysts."*
*Parody, not intended as an actual endorsement of Strem catalysts (which are still awesome. Chemjobber would happily endorse Strem catalysts.)