- Stories of scientists in East Germany, from Sarah Everts.
- Welcome, "Not the Lab", to the chemblogosphere! This post on utility in federally-funded research has stuck with me.
- Jess writes about carbon capture technology; I think there's real work here for organic chemists.
- Which celebrity would you like to be in your lab photo shoot?
- 10 nitrogens in a row!
- I loved this post on a flame by Th'Gaussling.
- C&EN's Christmas gift guide, including elemental Uncle Goose blocks. (Very sturdy, high quality.)
- Chemical-free food (yikes!)
- A great article on polonium-210 by Deborah Blum
- Milkshake's post on ultrafiltration in polymer chemistry was excellent.
- Looking forward to answers from Dr. Freddy's AMA.
- John thinks about reshoring, and whether it will happen. I am skeptical, but hopeful.
- This Dennis Curran commentary in Nature Chemistry (subscription needed) was very pointed, I thought, and only sort of jokey . It came with a fun picture from the journal's hard working staff.
- Via Liberal Arts Chemistry, this story of a young woman who just wanted her B.Sc. in chemistry is really lovely.
Wednesday, November 28, 2012
Gray absorbent pads
A long list of small, useful things (links):
Did I miss anything? Readers, let me know in the comments.