Monday, November 12, 2012

Public recording of a bet on a carbon tax

Melody Bomgardner and Alex Tullo have a blog on cleantech at C&EN's Central Science called "Cleantech Chemistry." She wrote this about the post-election results:
Perhaps most fascinating to me, though also the most far-fetched, is discussion about whether the fiscal cliff, tax reform, and the deficit will drive Congress to think about introducing a carbon tax. Hmmmm…
I found this interesting, but hard to believe. I have publicly bet Melody that this will not happen:
How's this: if Obama, Reid or Boehner (not their staffs) mention a carbon tax (not cap/trade) as a revenue source between now and Labor Day 2013, I will send you the coffee mug (or other sub-$20 item) of your choice. 
She has agreed, and if it doesn't happen, I will get a C&EN coffee mug, or some other swag.  

1 comment:

  1. My vote is for "some other swag". I was so mad when ACS sent me a token of appreciation for being a member for 5 years, and the token was a crappy certificate instead of a Boron mug.

    ReplyDelete

looks like Blogger doesn't work with anonymous comments from Chrome browsers at the moment - works in Microsoft Edge, or from Chrome with a Blogger account - sorry! CJ 3/21/20