- Cover: Lisa Jarvis on the new drugs of 2016.
- I agree with the CW that the number of new drugs will bounce up, and will be somewhat higher in 2017 than 2016.
- Because of negotiations with European regulatory officials, the Dow/DuPont merger is being delayed until late this year (article by Marc S. Reisch)
- In other DuPont news, early returns on the DuPont PFOA lawsuits are mixed.
- Interesting deoxyfluorination of phenols from the Sanford group/Dow. (article by Stephen K. Ritter.)
- A rundown of the problems with the Samsung Note 7 (article by Alex Tullo.)
- One of the independent laboratories was Exponent, an organization that occasionally hires chemists, I understand.
- Everyone needs an article about whisky/whiskey. (by Bethany Halford)
Monday, January 30, 2017
This week's C&EN
A few of the articles from this week's issue of Chemical and Engineering News: