- Cover story: It's the World Chemical Outlook issue, written by C&EN's business unit
- Prognosis: mostly okay, sounds like. Hope that's true!
- A really interesting article about lint by Melody Bomgardner.
- Alex Tullo writes about C&EN's Company of the Year for 2016: Evonik.
- Opens with stories about tattoos and beards - did not know Alex's hipster game was that strong.
- Pretty fun phosphorus analog of cyanuric acid. (article by Stephen K. Ritter)
- Short article about both Chinese pollution and the Chinese business cycle and their interconnectedness by Jean-François Tremblay
- "In November, China had ordered the temporary suspension of production in the northern part of the country. Among those affected were some major Chinese drug manufacturers, including CSPC Pharmaceutical." First I heard of this. One wonders if various CMOs were caught up in this.
- Interesting writeup of NOBCChE 2016 by Jeff Huber.
- The mock crime scene/trial is a pretty interesting idea!
Monday, January 9, 2017
This week's C&EN
A few of the articles from this week's issue of Chemical and Engineering News: