Boron Specialties (a small, woman‐owned, Pittsburgh‐based fine chemical company) is seeking a postdoc for a 2‐year position, with the possibility for continuation thereafter. Successful hires will be asked to split time between analytical method development and synthetic chemistry (primarily inorganic) across a number of scales in conjunction with senior scientific staff. We seek energetic, enthusiastic applicants excited about playing an integral role in the growth of a small company.
- Ph. D. in chemistry (inorganic preferred) with a publication record to indicate achievement.
- Willing and able to participate in a robust safety culture and comply with all environmental, health, safety, and security rules, regulations, and laws.
- Experience with multinuclear NMR, FT‐IR, MS, ICP, and GC.
- Experience with highly reactive, air‐sensitive, and toxic materials, and an ability to safely manipulate materials under air‐free conditions.
- Willing and able to perform tasks ranging from analytical titrations to multi‐kg syntheses.
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Must be able to solve complex technical problems using both inductive and deductive reasoning.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential to the position
- Able to legally work in the United States
- Hands‐on knowledge of electro‐ and electroanalytical chemistry.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Able to represent the company at trade shows and scientific conferences.
- Experience in supervision and direction of junior staff / technician‐level employees.
- Experience with standard operating procedure development.
Send a CV (with full publication list) and contact information for 2 references to Bill Ewing (email@example.com).Ad here. Best wishes to those interested.