Via C&EN Jobs, this posting:
- Develops new methods to simplify manufacturing methods for specific lines.
- Develops methods to update existing formulas and directs technicians on methods.
- Assesses and creates formulas and applies them to varies customer substrates and materials.
- Accurately formulates color matches via water-based and UV paints for customers, adjusting formulas based on pigments and available products.
- Develops formulations to meet customer requirements and consult leadership on viable options.
- Effectively communicates with suppliers to understand the makeup of their materials.
- Tests formulas and applies materials to measure quality under a variety of environmental conditions against various performance goals.
- Perform bonding tests on materials such as cotton, polyester, blend, silks, plastics, PP, PET, PTFE, leather, etc.
- Compiles test results and analyze patterns through the data to place the product into the trial phase.