Marathon Petroleum Company, the largest petroleum refiner in the United States, is seeking an experienced Chemist for its Refining Analytical and Development (RAD) Department in Catlettsburg, Kentucky. The individual selected for this position will leverage their chemistry knowledge to investigate multiple topics in support of petroleum and sustainable fuels production and for the MPC fuels’ distribution systems including pipelines, terminals, and retail. Areas of support could include but are not limited to feedstock/fuel improvements through additives/process change identification, examining corrosion/deposition for mechanism deduction, test methods development, and new instrument evaluations. Involvement in industry organizations like API, ASTM, and CRC is likely.
- Become a technical advisor for the company on chemical processes in the petroleum- and bio-refining areas.
- Apply refining process operations knowledge in the coordination of testing materials and the interpretation of analytical results to elucidate fouling/corrosion mechanisms.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or other related discipline is required.
- Doctorate in Chemistry or other related discipline is preferred.
- Five years experience in the petroleum industry is preferred.