It's instructive to look at the section of the plan where they present their summation of the current #chemjobs situation and what they're going to do about it:
Challenges and opportunities:
- Many chemists, in the wake of regional and global economic crises, face challenges obtaining full employment.
- The Society's ability to help support job creation and career growth in the U.S. provides an opportunity to attract members.
- There is a need for increased awareness of the variety of career opportunities available to chemistry-educated professionals.
- Scientific professionals are not always aware of the array of career-enhancing services provided by ACS.
- Interactions and collaborations between industry and academia are increasing; however, big gaps remain.