Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Thoughts while sitting in a meeting

  1. Are we really going to rehash this again? 
  2. Can I subtly signal my irritation at this conversation thread? 
  3. What this conversation needs is a good traffic-flow analysis. 
  4. And now comes the 20-minute tangent...
  5. Isn't my wife great? I love my wife. 
  6. If we didn't have ears, we'd look like weasels.
  7. Well, wasn't that productive!
  8. What makes people think that talking is going to change things? 
  9. Wow, that person's point just got crushed like roadkill. 
  10. Thanks, EPA, for making those satellite accumulation rules so clear!
  11. Passive-aggression is really excellent. 
  12. Oh, that's an engineering problem. Thank God!  

10 comments:

  1. http://www.despair.com/meetings.html

    What about the Action Items? Who has the Action Items?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 13a. Assign this action item to the person not attending the meeting

      Delete
  2. 13. Well, here goes the last bus.
    14. Why the hell there isn't wi-fi in this room?

    ReplyDelete
  3. 15. How do I look like I'm paying attention when I'm totally not?

    ReplyDelete
  4. 16. I would like to disable the color and animation functions on this person's PowerPoint.
    17. Some people should not be allowed to use laser pointers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 18. I am superior to everyone in this room so I really shouldn't have to sit through this.
    19. I am inferior to everyone in this room so I really don't deserve to sit through this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 16. I would like to disable the color and animation functions on this person's PowerPoint.

    Good God, yes. Less is more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's an hour of my life I'm never going to get back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An hour? Clearly, you've never been to a real meeting.

      Delete

looks like Blogger doesn't work with anonymous comments from Chrome browsers at the moment - works in Microsoft Edge, or from Chrome with a Blogger account - sorry! CJ 3/21/20