Wednesday, December 5, 2012

An evening funny

Back tomorrow with more.

Stolen from synthesisman's post on the chemistry Reddit. I admit I heard this a couple of times in graduate school. 


  1. I surprised you didn't comment on the Organic PhD thread.

  2. Reminds me of a certain Oxford Professor of Organic Chemistry when I was there in the early 80s. If you want a laugh, go over to youtube and watch the following "cutting edge" documentary made in 1986, which is in 3 parts:
    In one of the sections, there's a scene with the prof grilling some hapless grad student over his lack of progress. Happy days!
    My old organic chemistry tutor is in it, too.

  3. At least he had a better pitch for joining the Dark Side than my graduate program did:

  4. CoulombicExplosionDecember 7, 2012 at 1:44 PM

    "You should have made more starting material. Search your feelings - you know it to be true!"

  5. Another excellent PI/grad student discussion with the same theme: