- Surely it means something that Indian pharmaceutical company Piramal is ending its drug discovery efforts in India? How odd. (article by Jean-François Tremblay)
- Enjoyed reading about Samantha Arnett, Ph.D. bioinorganic chemist and the State Department's Biosecurity Engagement Program's manager. (article by Deirdre Lockwood) (registration required)
- I found this letter by Martin Feldman of Howard University very interesting and a rather pointed critique of this letter by Professor Rigoberto Hernandez.
- Quite a number of interesting findings in this ACS survey on graduate student satisfaction (article by Linda Wang.) Amusing that 20% of people find their stipends financially difficult -- what do the other 80% think?
- It seems pretty clear to me that the ACS really, really wants to get involved with the Chinese Chemical Society -- I wonder what the internal discussion has been about.
Monday, September 15, 2014
This week's C&EN
Lots going on in this week's issue: