Charlotte, NC: BASF looking for a M.S./Ph.D. chemist to work on "Architectural & Decorative Coatings – Resins." Huh, who knew?
Research Triangle Park, NC: AgBiome looking for a B.S./M.S./Ph.D. chemist to be a production manager; fermentation process development experience desired.
Chico, CA: I shouldn't be surprised that Sierra Nevada Brewing has scientists working for it; the qualifications shouldn't be surprising, either:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Originating, planning, organizing, prioritizing, executing, coordinating and leading research projects and experiments from bench scale to plant scale in support of continuous product and process improvement and internal customer service
- Proposing, establishing, and justifying new or improved procedures or product and process materials based on sound experimental results
- Chemical analysis, methods development, and the operation and upkeep of delicate and sophisticated instruments
- Application of statistical principles such as ANOVA, MANOVA, and DOE
- Documenting, organizing, analyzing, summarizing, and presenting research data and results, conclusions and recommendations