- Fascinating cover story by Mitch Jacoby on terahertz spectroscopy for biomedical imaging.
- The latest piece on the Chemical Safety Board (by Jeff Johnson).
- I am beginning to think that you need one of those "Game of Thrones" diagrams to figure out all the different ways this agency is fighting with itself.
- Twist Bioscience and Gingko Bioworks have signed a deal for Twist to produce Gingko's synthetic DNA. (article by Ann Thayer)
- 100 million base pairs sounds like a lot to me. (10 million bucks for the overall agreement?)
- Interesting thoughts on CPhI in Madrid by Rick Mullin; "cautious optimism?"
- The editor's page is given to James Bruno to talk about future directions in API.
- I'm very curious/skeptical if 3-D printed reactors will be a part of API manufacture in ten years, but we'll see.
Monday, November 9, 2015
This week's C&EN
From this week's C&EN: