A few of this week's articles in C&EN:
- A neat set of cover stories on chemistry-related startups, edited by Lisa Jarvis.
- The SLIPS Technology story by Michael McCoy is pretty cool; I dunno why, but I love this idea.
- Say, isn't Twist Biosciences doing what Cambrian Genomics was doing/claiming to do as well? (article by Celia Henry Arnaud)
- I really like the art that goes with it, too.
- This protein/palladium chemistry paper in Nature is kinda amazing, in my opinion. (story by Bethany Halford.)
- Nice article covering NOBCChe's annual meeting, by Jeff Huber.
- Someone is grumpy about Big Pharma in Boston. (starts with some fair complaints, to be sure.)
- Someone else is grumpy about the term ab initio.
- I see ACS folks were in Havana recently; fascinating. (article by Lori Brown)