From the inbox, a position at the University of Iowa:
The MATFab Facility is seeking an Assistant Research Scientist/Engineer to: manage, perform experiments, and develop methods of analysis of powder and single-crystal X-ray data and perform refinements of crystal structures. This position will also support users in learning to perform crystallographic data analysis, describe crystallographic measurements in manuscripts for publication. and will provide service to the scientific community, University and General Public.
A PhD in Chemistry or related field is required. This classification requires the awarded degree, and cannot accept equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 1 year experience after Ph.D. completion in research/facility work involving X-ray crystallography.
- Expert in collecting and analyzing both single-crystal and powder X-ray diffraction data.
- Publication record that demonstrates the required crystallographic research experience.
- Extensive experience maintaining, repairing, servicing, and aligning X-ray diffraction instrumentation.
- Expert in crystallization and crystal selection procedures.
- Extensive experience with software for structure modelling and structure determination.
- Demonstrate the ability to meet or exceed customer service needs and expectations and provide excellent service in a direct or indirect manner.
- Demonstrate the ability to proactively work with researchers to both identify and attract new users and to develop new methods for existing users based on an understanding of their research goals and needs.
Post a Comment
looks like Blogger doesn't work with anonymous comments from Chrome browsers at the moment - works in Microsoft Edge, or from Chrome with a Blogger account - sorry! CJ 3/21/20