Kinex Pharmaceuticals LLC in Buffalo NY is seeking a highly motivated Ph.D. level medicinal chemist with a strong background in synthetic organic chemistry to participate in the design and synthesis of small molecule drug candidates, interpret SAR, and select compounds for further development. The ideal candidate will be able to prosper in a closely communicating group of open-minded chemists and biologists to efficiently pursue small molecule therapeutics as well as develop innovative platform technologies to support drug discovery pursuits. We are seeking a scientist that is inquisitive, ambitious, and energetic, with an entrepreneurial spirit, a positive attitude, and willingness to take on tasks that may lie outside of one’s previous experience. An independent critical thinker capable of developing and executing innovative solutions is highly desired.
- PhD in medicinal/synthetic organic chemistry with 2-5 years experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
- A strong synthetic organic chemistry background required.
- Experience with lead optimization using SAR from cellular assays is a plus. Understanding of the principles ADMET and DMPK.
- Experience in oncology or immunology drug discovery is a plus.
- Basic understanding of other disciplines (Mass spectrometry, analytical chemistry, cellular biology, pharmacology and the process for bringing compounds into clinical trials).
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required for effective drug discovery team participation.
- Excellent organizational and computer skills along with the ability to accurately and efficiently multi-task are also necessary.
[CJ here again]. Thanks to Kinex Pharmaceuticals for being CJ's first [unpaid!] advertiser (?) of a job posting. Best of luck to all candidates.