Not much time to blog this morning, but some small useful things (links):
- Paul's pretty happy with the SOTU. It's nice when science is front and center, innit?
- Sharon explains why road salt has color sometimes.
- This post on coffee flavor chemistry is pretty cool.
- This story on a siloxane?/silane? polymer material that soaks up hydrocarbons seems pretty interesting.
- A couple of new organic chemistry blogs popping up -- nice to see. Welcome to New Reactions and The Boiling Point.
- Th'Gaussling's feelings about science communication to the public are getting some attention in the Twittersphere. I have to say, sometimes, it's hard to generate enthusiasm, when I feel like I spend more time than I want defending chemistry against the swarming hordes of chemophobes.
- Liberal Arts Chemistry, I think, tends to agree with Th'Gaussling.
- UPDATE: One more, grad student and postdoc taxes, from Sam.