- Carmen Drahl looks at confusion in scientific terminology.
- Two articles on chemical weapons destruction: one in Libya, the other on Syria by Glenn Hess.
- From Alex Scott: Scotland has opened a biotechnology center. I see Ian Shott is involved.
- From Jeff Johnson, proposed legislation for aboveground chemical storage tanks. I'd sure like to know how this will improve things.
- From Ann Thayer and Rick Mullin, their writeup of Infomex -- looks like things are heating up.
- Neat cover story by Melody Bomgardner on food additives.
- An interesting look by Jyllian Kemsley at chemistry major, Miss Kansas winner and Army National Guard Sgt. Therese Vail.
- Finally, the story of a chemist involved in the civil rights movement -- did not know about that. Thanks, Maureen Rouhi!
Monday, February 10, 2014
This week's C&EN
Lots of great articles in this week's C&EN: