Wednesday, May 4, 2016

[Scene: Jules and Vincent, in a diner, post-seminar]

Credit: YouTube
Vincent: Yeah, but what did you think about the presenter calling that synthetic step 'clever'? He even put it in his slides.

Jules: I wouldn't go so far as to call that synthetic step clever, but it definitely worked. I don't think it was "clever", that reaction was "straightforward". "Straightforward" goes a long way in a presentation.

Vincent: So a reaction needs to be more innovative than straightforward to be a "clever" synthetic step. Is that true?

Jules: Well we'd have to be talkin' about one clever motherf*****n' synthetic step. I mean it'd have to be five times more clever than that Woodward total synthesis of reserpine, you know what I'm sayin'?


  1. This is amazing

  2. If you havent seen this;

    The "great one" describes strategy and synthesis of the motherf*****n' B12. I love his patrician accent, makes me want to slap somebody.