- Cover: Marc Reisch covers the science of cosmetics; he goes above and beyond and actually subjects himself to some of their analyses. (Yeesh)
- List of the top 50 US chemical producers. (by Alex Tullo)
- Michael Torrice covers the news about the active metabolite of ketamine.
- I have this intuition that this will be a momentous discovery; I don't know why.
- This new encryption technique with molecules is interesting, but I don't know if it would be actually useful. (article by Celia Henry Arnaud)
- I've never heard of this story about Reckitt Benheiser's South Korea arm injuring hundreds of people with guanidine-containing air filter disinfectants, but it sounds like it didn't go well for them. (article by Jean-François Tremblay)
- New image by Andy Brunning in this week's Periodic Graphics.
- The DOC Graduate Research Symposium is open for registration. (article by Linda Wang)
- Why do I get this feeling that I'm getting lobbied for the use of biocides in fracking wells in these letters to the editor?
Monday, May 9, 2016
This week's C&EN
A few articles from this week's issue of Chemical and Engineering News: