- Cover: Stephen K. Ritter on with a profile of prominent cold fusion researchers.
- I don't understand why a retired synthetic organic chemist was the voice of skepticism. Surely there were nuclear chemists willing to throw cold water on this field?
- Peter Dorhout is the new ACS President-Elect. (article by Linda Wang)
- A very interesting profile of a pioneer in the fine chemicals business, Peter Pollak (by Rick Mullin)
- This idea to prominently post the employer's consequences for safety violations might be a good one.
- Tardigrades are amazing! (article by Ryan Cross)
- Chinese CROs are beginning to get projects from Chinese biotech/pharma companies. (article by Jean-François Tremblay)
Howard J. Wilk is a long-term unemployed synthetic organic chemist living in Philadelphia. Like many pharmaceutical researchers, he has suffered through the drug industry’s R&D downsizing in recent years and now is underemployed in a nonscience job. With extra time on his hands, Wilk has been tracking the progress of a New Jersey-based company called Brilliant Light Power (BLP).The "underemployed in a nonscience job" part makes it.