Chemistry Lab Technician
Working closely with Medicinal Chemistry, Chemoinformatics, Discovery Biology and DMPK, the technician’s primary duty is to support the daily operation of discovery research at GBT.
- Organize chemicals and reagents
- Organize and track GBT internal compound inventory
- Register samples from CROs
- Coordinate screening compound acquisition & testing
- Coordinate shipment of compound samples for external testing
- Dispense samples for biochemical assays and biological studies
- Alert chemists for re-synthesis if compound stock is running low
- Track and refill solvents for HPLCs and LCMSs...
Skills, knowledge, experience
A bachelor or master degree in organic chemistry with 5+ years medicinal chemistry experience in a drug discovery settingSurely this is an error. I have a very difficult time believing this is the state of the Bay Area chemistry job market that they can command a M.S. chemist for a technician position?