- You show up the day of, in your finest rumpled suit.
- You meet your host and maybe take a short tour of the facility.
- You give a talk of some kind.
- You answer some questions from your audience.
- You go to lunch with a slightly new group of people on the company dime.
- You go back to the place and talk to various people for the rest of the day, usually in 30 minute portions.
- You might have dinner with a new set of people.
Thursday, December 15, 2016
What is it like to interview in the UK in industry?
So I know what it's like to do an industrial interview in the US in person. It's something like this:
There might be some differences in order or length, but this is the general structure.
What's an industrial interview like in the UK? I've never been on one, so I couldn't tell you. I've heard rumors of examinations at the board, but nothing concrete. Readers, please, enlighten me.