- This is the Talented 12 cover, and there are a pretty neat array of impressive people. Here's four of them that I picked:
- Professor Renee Frontiera (profile by Celia Henry Arnaud)
- Professor Marie Heffern (profile by Sarah Everts)
- Dr. Daniel DiRocco (profile by Bethany Halford)
- Professor Bozhi Tian (profile by Mitch Jacoby)
- I've been reading a little bit about irritated farmers and dicamba, and this article by Melody Bomgardner explains both the science and the situation.
- Now that the eclipse has come and gone, you should check out this really great article by Tien Nguyen where the molecular mechanism is really well-explained.
- Celia Henry Arnaud on ACS' new ChemRxiv site, as well as ChemRN.
- Incidentally, the first organic synthesis paper posted on the site was from the Shenvi lab.
- A really wonderful profile of material scientist Joanna Aizenberg by Bethany Halford.
- I think it's interesting that Professor Aizenberg started at Bell Labs - I wonder where the rest of her cohort is?
- Some dude, yapping about stuff in pockets.
Wednesday, August 23, 2017
This week's C&EN
A few articles from this week's issue of C&EN: