The Staff Scientist, Medicinal Chemist is responsible for designing and synthesizing small-molecules for drug discovery projects in order to advance those programs into preclinical development.
- The Staff Scientist, Medicinal Chemist develops novel and efficient synthesis strategies and coordinates research strategies and activities with team members
- Designs synthetic targets for lead discovery and optimization to address issues of target potency, selectivity, animal pharmacokinetics, and in vivo efficacy
- Utilizes contemporary structure-based methods, structure-activity relationships, and medicinal chemistry principles in the proposal and execution of innovative chemistry strategies...
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Ph.D. in Chemistry with 0-3 years of relevant chemistry research experience, OR
- MS in Chemistry with minimum 10 years of relevant chemistry research experience, OR
- BS in Chemistry with minimum 12 years of relevant chemistry research experience