- It's the "Year in Review" issue.
- 2016 Salary Survey unemployment number for all members? 2.6%
- That same number for new graduates in 2015? 12.3% (post by Andrea Widener)
- The "quotes of the year" are worth your while.
- Lisa Jarvis covers the less-than-great pharma news at BMS, Lilly and others.
- Chemical M&A got put on pause for a while - I predict that it will ramp back up in 2017.
- Ryan Cross covers CRISPR news for 2016.
- Jyllian Kemsley recaps the Ekins-Coward incident at Hawaii-Manoa.
- This fluorinated azides paper looks pretty cool (article by Stephen K. Ritter)
- I don't normally link to the Newscripts page (I figure most folks go there anyway - I sure do), but I found this week's entry about both crystal-growing and a conversation between Stu Borman and Fraser Stoddart really fun.
Monday, December 19, 2016
This week's C&EN
A few articles from this week's issue of C&EN: