DowDupont has an exciting and challenging opportunity within our Electronics and Imaging business for a Research and Development Chemist, located in Marlborough, MA.
This position in the Circuits and Industrial Technologies Research and Development group will focus on the development and improvement of chemistries and processes within the metallization research platform and especially concentrate on novel solutions, but will also involve development of new approaches to catalysis and surface modification of printed circuit board laminate materials....Basic Qualifications
- Ph.D. in Chemistry with a broad knowledge of Inorganic Chemistry/Materials Science
- Strong background in problem solving, using multiple analytical procedures to identify and characterize product development barriers.
- Experience with a wide range of synthetic and analytical techniques such as synthesis of novel materials, SEM/EDS, HPLC, rheological measurements, and surface analysis methods.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze prior art and incorporating information and knowledge management tools and systems into work. Proficiently uses patent analysis tools to maintain expert understanding of a technology/market area....
- Those skilled in the synthesis and characterization of novel metal and metal alloy deposits, application of electrochemical techniques, and fundamentals of corrosion science preferred. Industry or post-doctoral experience
- Materials or Inorganic chemist with metal electrodeposition experience preferred. Experience with synthesis and characterization on novel materials preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of materials synthesis and characterization, colloid chemistry, coordination chemistry, and/or design of novel composite materials would also be considered.