...the past two weeks of C&EN in one post:
- Count on it, we will be revisiting this Marinda Wu profile.
- Someone is complaining about purple squirrel hunts; it cannot possibly be easy to find #chemjobs in Hawaii.
- A review of a book on chemistry and WW1; someday, I will write about ACS' historical relationship with the US military.
- The World Chemical Outlook is middling, as usual; cautious optimism in fine chemicals.
- Man, I love this robot ribosome.
- This article on mechanosynthesis (in ball mills) is interesting -- I wonder if anyone has really tackled large scale (>5 kg?) mechanosynthesis industrially.
- A response on Emily Bloom's comments on the "joys" of temp jobs; they're telling jokes in C&EN!