- Lots of personnel shifts at ACS in C&EN this week:
- The new ACS executive director will be Thomas Connelly, a DuPont executive with a Ph.D. in chemical engineering.
- No real news as to his strategic direction.
- Madeleine Jacobs reflects with Rudy Baum about her career at ACS.
- The new editor-in-chief, Bibiana Campos Seijo, has her first column. No mention of climate change yet. (that's a joke.)
- Marinda Wu has her farewell column.
- Lisa Jarvis writes up the bad GSK layoff news and notes its connection to the Lilly/Covance mess of a few years back.
- This article about the science of gas masks looks pretty awesome (by Mitch Jacoby)
- Alex Tullo covers the impact that lower oil prices will have on chemical manufacturers.
- Congrats to Andy Brunning (Compound Interest) on his new monthly column in C&EN!
Monday, December 8, 2014
This week's C&EN
A variety of the many interesting articles in C&EN this week: