- Worthwhile cover story on oil spill cleanup this week from Jyllian Kemsley.
- Did not know the 18X difference in scale between Exxon Valdez and Deepwater Horizon.
- Stephen Ritter covers the shift in fluorochemical makeup away from PFOA.
- Jean-François Tremblay notes that Chinese chemical firms have gotten caught up in the stock market mess.
- Cheryl Hogue notes the academic concerns about the high cost of helium these days.
- Fun infographic by Andy Brunning on the chemistry of barbecue.
- Check out the ChemChamps finalists! (article by Linda Wang)
Monday, July 13, 2015
This week's C&EN
A few of the stories from this week's C&EN:
Also, congratulations to Harry Elston on his being named a 2015 ACS Fellow. It is well deserved.