- Cover story on the top 50 chemical companies by Alex Tullo. No idea how high Sinopec was on the list.
- Lisa Jarvis writes on the latest Alzheimer's clinical results from Biogen and Lilly. A disappointment, to be sure.
- Melody Bomgardner writes on the problems at Molycorp, the United States' only rare earths mine.
- You really have to feel bad for the Molycorp folks, having filed for bankruptcy and all. That the problems are partially with the engineering of the plant itself makes it even harder. (I suspect the economics are the most challenging of all.)
- Speaking of supply problems with elements, Cheryl Hogue writes on recycling helium for academic instrument usage.
- Mitch André Garcia highlights talks at ACS Boston (man, I wish I was going.)
- I find letters to the editor like this one kinda annoying, but I can't quite figure out why. It's probably just me.
Monday, July 27, 2015
This week's C&EN
A few of the stories from this week's issue: