....I came home to mail from DuPont ( I worked for them for 1981 to 1995) that said I can (but don't have to) cash out my defined benefit pension as a lump sum... And I have to decide between Sept 12 and Oct 16 of this year... Obviously this has to do with the merger.
I would rather take it under the original plan as a little secure longevity insurance, but I wonder, given everything, if that is wise...
Obviously they are trying to disburse the money in the plan as quickly as possible, which makes me wonder if it will be around in the long run (I have at least 5 years before I retire)
I know there are other ex-DuPonters that read this blog, I wonder if they have gotten the notice yet and what they are thinking of doing about it...I suspect that there really isn't much of a difference between the two choices, but I suspect that there are both tax implications and questions as to where the lump sum would be transferred to.
Readers, any help here?
UPDATE: A reader sends in a scan of the attached information sheet.