Senior Scientist, Chemistry
For the chemical R&D stream, we are looking for an expert knows how to use chemistry to turn plastic polymers into depolymerized form. This chemical process is crucial for the downstream biological component to be fully effective. You will develop a process viable for the benchtop and interact with BioCellection biologists to ensure that your resulting depolymerization product is a viable carbon feedstock for the degradation microbes. It is important to keep in mind the sustainability and costs associated with different components of this method so you can upscale the prototype to industrial operations.
It is required that you possess the following:
- Ph.D. in organic chemistry (synthesis or catalysis) or organometallic chemistry
- Experience working with polymers
- Excellence in critical thinking, experimental design, and troubleshooting
- Experience in upscaling chemical processes
- Ability to understand the implications of proposed chemical work on the downstream biological processes